JESSIE HAWKINS, PHD
Founder & President
Dr. Hawkins is a Harvard-trained clinical researcher with over 20 years of experience in the natural products field.
She established Franklin Health in 2005 as an independent educational center and has overseen its growth and transition to an academically focused contract research organization for the natural products and medical devices industries.
Dr. Hawkins is widely published in the integrative health field, and frequently travels to present our research findings at professional conferences worldwide.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Harvard Medical School: Post-doctoral Certificate w/ Capstone Project Commendation for the Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program (GCSRT). Advanced research training in biostatistics, research ethics, secondary analysis, drug development, and the development of clinical trials.
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine: Post-graduate Certificate in Epidemiology. Post-graduate training in epidemiological research methods including clinical trials, cohort designs, case-control studies, and cross-sectional studies, as well as statistical analysis for each design.
- Middle Tennessee State University: PhD in Health Research. Doctoral Dissertation: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled, Clinical Trial on Essential Oil Inhalation for Pre-Procedural Anxiety Among Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- University of Alabama: Master's Degree in Health Studies; Health Education & Promotion. Capstone Research Project: Needs assessment and gap analysis on antibiotic stewardship and public health initiatives. Roll Tide!
- Union Institute & University: Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health Studies. Focus: Environmental microbes and childhood development.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
- CARL SAGAN (and others)
RECENT & UPCOMING PUBLICATIONS
* The Effects of Longevity™ Essential Oil Blend on Post-Covid-19 Fatigue Among Otherwise Healthy Women: A Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial. Published 2022: Complementary Therapies in Medicine
ActiGraft®, an Autologous Blood Clot, an Innovative Treatment for Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Published 2022: WOUNDS A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice
* Effects of an NingXia Red® on Immune Health: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Published 2022: Advances in Integrative Medicine
* TERAMUNE Bronchus™ Throat Spray Promotes Healthy Lung Function Among Women: A Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled Phase 2 Clinical Trial. Published 2022: Journal of Evidence Based Integrative Medicine
* Cross Sectional Study: Prevalence of Endocrine Disorders Among Children Exposed to Lavender Essential Oil and Tea Tree Essential Oil. Published 2021: International Journal of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
Effect of Persian Acupressure (Ghamz) on Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis: A Single Blinded Parallel Clinical Trial. Published 2021: Pain Management Nursing
The Effects of Sesame Consumption on Glycemic Control in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. Published 2021: Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
* Recall and Interviewer Bias in Parental Report of Pediatric Exposure to Aromatic Plant Ingredients in Personal Care Products: Development and Validation of a More Accurate Approach. Published Spring 2021: Journal of Environmental and Public Health
The Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Fibroblast Growth Factor-23 in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Published 2021: Physiotherapy Review
The Effects of Aromatherapy on Premenstrual Syndrome Symptoms: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Published 2020: Evidence Based Complementary Alternative Medicine
* Daily Supplementation with Aronia Melanocarpa (Chokeberry) Reduces Blood Pressure and Cholesterol: A Meta-Analysis of Controlled Clinical Trials. Published 2020: Journal of Dietary Supplements
* Randomized, Blinded, Placebo Controlled Phase 3 Clinical Trial: The Effect of a Mint-Based Essential Oil Blend on Fatigue Scores Among Women with Hypothyroidism. Published 2019: Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine
* Meta Analysis: Elderberry for Upper Respiratory Symptoms. Published 2019: Complementary Therapies in Medicine
* Essential Oils for Pregnancy Induced Nausea and Vomiting (PINV) and First Trimester Quality of Life: A Four-Arm Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled Exploratory Clinical Trial. Publication in Peer Review
* Effects of an NingXia Red® on Sleep, Stress & Anxiety; Energy & Movement: A Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. Two Publications in Peer Review
* Proprietary Essential Oil Blends for Health Care Provider Burnout, A Three-Arm Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled Phase 2 Clinical Trial. Publication in Peer Review
* The Effects of CurrantCraft® BlackCurrant Supplementation on Digital Eye Fatigue, A Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled Phase 2 Clinical Trial. Publication in Peer Review
* Primary Investigator